Happy New Year!
Every year I do a goal/objective list for the up coming year. I also take a look at how the previous year went. You can take a look at the 2016/2017 post here. I prefer goals instead of resolutions as I feel like goals are not so hard set. Life changes and I adapt my plans as needed. With that being said lets see what happened in 2017 that was not on the list.
- The biggest of course is Missy was welcomed to the world!
- Bought a vehicle that can hold the dogs and Missy.
Honesty I just cannot think of what else happened in 2017. I would like to say being tired has fogged up my memory but I really do not think anything else happened. It was all just pretty standard. Now for what the goals of 2017 were and how they turned out.
- I have to quit smoking again :(.
This has been off and on. I do think I am doing pretty well though!
- Moving back to the small town.
This has been completed.
- Than buying a place in said small town.
This has also been completed,
- Dealing more with clients in the office.
I would say that this has happened.
- Making sure things stay caught up in the office. Keeping the new procedures in place.
I really have to stop adding this to the list. It is just so hard since life happens and we adjust our priorities through out the year.
- Having my debt cut in 1/2 from what it was at the beginning of 2017.
So, as I had hoped I have paid off more than half. In fact I have paid off 60% of my debt. Now it would have been more but I had a couple bigger baby purchases. I did still have restraint though!
- Staying on top of the blog.
Again, something I should quit adding to the list. One of these years I will meet this goal though.
- Keeping my time and life organized.
I really do not feel like I have completed this one. I do feel like I am getting on the right track to even say I have made progress.
2017 was a good year for progress. I am hoping that 2018 will either stay on the same level or be even bigger. With that being said I want to take a look at the goals I have for the upcoming year.
- First and foremost I want to get Missy into swimming lessons. I am not a strong swimmer and this is something she should know how to do. It is a safety thing.
- I want to get our front and backyard all pretty and cleaned up.
- Setting up the garden and green house.
- Keeping Missy’s Christmas/Easter Cactus alive. It is her first plant and her Grandma bought it for her.
- As always trying to keep up with the blog.
- Have my debt paid off (even with taking mat leave I am sure I can do this).
- Seriously getting my life organized. I mean it is now more important than ever to get things to become habit. And good habits that Missy can grow up seeing.
- I want to get at least two rooms renovated. Probably the office and Missy’s room. There is nothing big that needs to be done. Pretty much just painting and adding working pieces to the rooms. I am only saying two since I want to focus on outside.
- I also need to make sure I focus on me some this year too. My health really depends on this.
This list is longer than what I usually do and there would still be a few more things I would add. Somethings I have on my list every year. Plus, with Missy, that adds some extra items. I do not think the list is unattainable and most of these things would not hurt anything if they were not completed. What does your 2018 year look like?
Don’t forget to like us at Chocolate Milk Cows on Facebook!