Happy New Year!
I do a goal/objective list every year and I also look at how the previous year went. This will be my 3rd or 4th year doing it. No reason to switch things up now. If your would like to check out 2017/2018 you can view it here. I also do quarterly updates through out the year ( I did miss the 3rd quarter in 2018 though) to keep myself accountable. Also to view where I wanted my focus to be and of course to keep you all updated on if things needed to be changed.
Lets take a look at 2018:
- First and foremost I want to get Missy into swimming lessons. I am not a strong swimmer and this is something she should know how to do. It is a safety thing.
I did not put Missy into swimming lessons. She was not old enough to be registered for our local summer ones. The ‘city’ (does not really seem like a city in my opinion) the lessons fill up insanely fast. I will be moving this to 2019 and if I remember correctly she will be old enough. As long as we have an instructor that can teach that young.
- I want to get our front and backyard all pretty and cleaned up.
This did not happen. I did get somethings done but I was way to ambitious. I also new that when adding it onto the list. We will see how things go this coming year. While it did not make things pretty. I removed three trees from my driveway, one was not healthy and the other two were right next to my neighbours house. I just kept picturing them falling over and well the bedrooms are on that side too.
- Setting up the garden and green house.
I did do this for the most part. I did not get the garden bed soil switched out but I will be doing that sometime this year. I will not be planting anything in it either but leaving that for next year. The green house had plants but it needs some repairs and well my plants did not do all that well.
- Keeping Missy’s Christmas/Easter Cactus alive. It is her first plant and her Grandma bought it for her.
I think it is still alive ha-ha. I am going to re-pot it (again). I need to check out the roots. It is just not thriving and I feel like something is going on below the surface.
- As always trying to keep up with the blog.
I think I did great at the beginning of the year. After that things seemed to taper off though.
- Have my debt paid off (even with taking mat leave I am sure I can do this).
I did have this done at the near the beginning of the year. I mean there are still things like the mortgage and car loan. Which I acquired in 2017, so it was not part of the debt payment plan. There is now a little owing on one of the credit cards but that also is recent. I am hoping to make an extra payment on the mortgage this year though.
- Seriously getting my life organized. I mean it is now more important than ever to get things to become habit. And good habits that Missy can grow up seeing.
Middle of the year I was doing pretty good with this. Missy’s screwed up her sleeping schedule which in turn screwed everything else up. I may have at least found some things that worked though.
- I want to get at least two rooms renovated. Probably the office and Missy’s room. There is nothing big that needs to be done. Pretty much just painting and adding working pieces to the rooms. I am only saying two since I want to focus on outside.
Ha-ha right. Maybe by the time this is posted I will have Missy’s room nearly finished. I knew the office was not going to happen in 2018 but was trying to get my room down instead.
- I also need to make sure I focus on me some this year too. My health really depends on this.
I did that here and there. Somethings I started doing to ‘treat’ myself but also makes my life easier. I do feel like I should make a post about this all on it own.
If I look at 2018 and what was actually accomplished, it does not look like much. The year is gone and there is nothing I can do about it. I am also not going to beat myself p over it either. All I can do is strive to be better in 2019. With that being said lets take a list at those goals.
- Renovate two room in the house (if I can I would like to include both bathrooms as well).
- Get the outside cleaned up and the driveway redone. The yard had been started and it just needs an actual attempt.
- Missy in swimming lessons (locally).
- Start taking the weekly local yoga class in the fall.
- Have Missy enrolled in some programs.
- Visit NiaNia and YeaYea.
- Continue working on myself and striving for an organized (realistically) life.
- As always try and keep the blog updated ha-ha.
- I have always had something about debt on here. Now that it is paid off, I still would like to have a money goal(s). The big ones I want to do are making the maximum extra mortgage payment and to match what I have in savings. This is very ambitious of me and as long as I get part of each I will be happy. That mortgage payment though I need to make by June so it is not like I have a full year to save up for it.
All of what I have listed is quite achievable but it does not include work things or the unexpected. As long as I can work towards these things, that is all that really matters.
Do you have any goals or objectives for this new year?
Don’t forget to like us at Chocolate Milk Cows on Facebook!