I have not been on here in a hot minute! I LOVE blogging and just some how it fell to the complete back. I miss it and I 110% plan on getting back here regularly. Now, about the time I fell off here, I entered the world of Instagram. I suppose it still gave me taste of what I was missing out on. However, I can get much more in depth here. That is what I am completely lacking. I am coming back with the same post I write up at the beginning of every year.
Looking Back on 2019 and Looking Forward to 2020
Since I dropped the ball with my site. I did not keep track on how I was doing with my goals in 2019. Let’s see how I did without making myself accountable at all.
- Renovate two room in the house (if I can I would like to include both bathrooms as well).
HA! I actually fairly quickly dropped this off. I will do some kind of catch up post I am sure. I got my Little Monster’s room done in total. Little pieces here and there have been done but not what I was planning on doing.
- Get the outside cleaned up and the driveway redone. The yard had been started and it just needs an actual attempt.
I got some real progress here but its not quite finished. I also did not get the driveway done. Some financial things came up and I just did not have the money to get it done.
- Missy in swimming lessons (locally).
Finally! I did this goal. My Little Monster very much enjoyed going and she passed!
- Start taking the weekly local yoga class in the fall.
I forgot about this but no. I am still happy doing it at home when I have a chance. I might get to the class but I am not pushing for it to be honest.
- Have Missy enrolled in some programs.
We have done a few things (aside from swimming). She had an awesome friend and unfortunately they are moving a way.
- Visit NiaNia and YeaYea.
We were not able to do this. I am aiming again for this year. No matter what it has to be done by before she gets into school. Which in reality is only a couple years,
- Continue working on myself and striving for an organized (realistically) life.
ALWAYS. This will always be there. This is not something that is ever done for a person. At some point and at some time, a person grows in some fashion. We evolve.
- As always try and keep the blog updated ha-ha.
We all know how that worked out…
- I have always had something about debt on here. Now that it is paid off, I still would like to have a money goal(s). The big ones I want to do are making the maximum extra mortgage payment and to match what I have in savings. This is very ambitious of me and as long as I get part of each I will be happy. That mortgage payment though I need to make by June so it is not like I have a full year to save up for it.
No, rather I went backwards on this. Things happened and well. I will get things figured out. I just need to get a break really. Even if that does not happen I will make it work. I always have and no reason to quit now.
For those who may not know. I do not make resalutions but rather goals. Maybe they are the same thing in the end. I do not feel heartbroken when I slip up. I feel sad about some of the things above but not defeated over it. With that being said. Lets come up with some goals for 2020!
- Immediately I want to put my Little Monster back into swimming lessons come summer.
- I am looking to get the remainder of the outside finished. The parts that do not have to be contracted out. Plans just need the action now.
- Really trying to make it to China by the end of this year.
- I want to be more organized time management wise. I am not ashamed that this is an area where I need much more practice at.
- I want to get back to this blog regularly. I do not want to lose my foothold with Instagram either. I am there and just need to at least keep up with where I am while bringing this back into the picture.
- I need to get this whole financial situation thing sorted. I mean I just want it sorted once and for all. I hate having the back and forth. I want a happy medium!
Really I think that is it for now. It’s all pretty achievable and I may decide to add more as the year goes on. Life can be unpredictable and sometimes we just need to roll with the punches. Bring on 2020!